Clogged gutters are one of the most common problems that commercial roofing contractors deal with. When water can’t flow freely through gutters, it can back up and cause several problems, including:
* Water seeping into the building through the roof or walls
* Foundation problems
* Landscaping issues
* Pest infestations
* Roof damage
To avoid these problems, it’s important to keep gutters clean and free of debris. Here are a few tips to help you do that:
1. Inspect gutters regularly. At least once a month, take a look at your gutters to see if they need to be cleaned. If you see leaves, twigs, or other debris, it’s time to take action.
2. Use the right tools. When cleaning gutters, always use a ladder that’s tall enough to reach the gutters and stable enough to support your weight. And, be sure to wear gloves to protect your hands from sharp debris.
3. Remove debris by hand. The best way to remove debris from gutters is to do it by hand. Use a garden trowel or other tool to scoop out the leaves, twigs, and other debris.
4. Flush gutters with water. Once you’ve removed the debris, flush the gutters with a hose to remove any remaining dirt or debris.
5. Install gutter guards. Gutter guards can help prevent leaves and other debris from clogging gutters in the first place. There are a variety of types of gutter guards available, so be sure to choose one that’s right for your needs.
By following these tips, you can help keep your gutters clean and free of debris. And, that will help prevent several problems down the road.