Central Roofing Company Customer Privacy Notice & Data Privacy Protection
Last updated January 8, 2022
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Central Roofing Company (“Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice or our practices with regard to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com; reference “Data Privacy Inquiry” as the subject.
This privacy notice describes how we might use your information in you:
- Visit our website at https://www.centralroofing.com
- Engage with us in other related ways – including requests for information, employment applications, sales, marketing, or events
- “Website,” we are referring to any website of ours that references or links to this policy
- “Services,” we are referring to our website, and other related services, including requests for information or employment applications, and any sales, marketing, or events
The purpose of this privacy notice is to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it, and what rights you have in relation to it. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our Services immediately.
Please read this privacy notice carefully, as it will help you understand what we do with the information that we collect.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU DISCLOSE TO US.
In short: We collect the personal information you disclose to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to use when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities or submit forms on our Website, or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Website, the choices you make, and the features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
Personal Information Provided by You. We collect names; phone numbers; email addresses; mailing addresses; job titles; employment history; and other similar information.
Payment Data. We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by PayPal. You may find their privacy notice link here.
All personal information that you provide to Central Roofing Company must be true, complete, and accurate. It is your responsibility to contact us to update your personal information as needed.
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED.
In short: Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our Website.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and files you viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings.
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Website. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt-out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. Note, however, if you choose to opt-out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you company, product, services, project, employment, and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To hire. We may personal information provided to us by applicants to do our due diligence in hiring new employees of Central Roofing Company.
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, or in connection with our contract.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- Fulfill and manage orders placed for Company merchandise and apparel via ‘The Central Store‘. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, and delivery of goods made through the Website. Note, however, this is the only online storefront affiliated with Central Roofing Company. Questions about our for-company-use storefront can be directed to Jessica Tesdall at firstname.lastname@example.org. To report potential misuse of our trademarked logo or misappropriation of Central Roofing Company copyrights or our Brand assets on for-sale or free merchandise, contact Jason Stock, CFO/Vice President of Central Roofing Company at email@example.com; reference Copyright/Trademark Infringement. In addition, fraud or claims of fraud in relation to trademarks, copyrights, or Brand assets recognized and/or related to Central Roofing Company will be investigated and further actions will be taken until threats to the company, its people, projects, and assets are resolved.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in our competitions.
- Facilitate donations to charitable causes. We may use your information to donate in your name or submit a donation on your behalf when you elect to participate in charitable giving or charitable events affiliated with the Company or provided by the Company.
- To deliver and facilitate the delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested services.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- To send you promotional and marketing communications. We and/or our third-party partners may use the personal information you send to use for our marketing purposes if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our Website, subscribing to marketing, or otherwise contacting us, we will collect personal information from you. You can opt out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS? section below.)
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests, occupation, and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- For other business purposes. We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and evaluating and/or improving our Website, Services, social media, marketing, and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end-users and does not include personal information.
- To connect for the purpose of goodwill in service to our Company Mission.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your hate if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
4. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
In short: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, account, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us to keep your personal information for longer than 2 years.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
5. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from our Website is at your own risk. You should only access the Website within a secure environment.
6. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Website, you represent that you are at least 18 years old or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and sent to such minor dependent’s use of the Website. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In short: You may review, change, or request we discontinue the use of our personal information at any time.
8. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Tract (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage, no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
9. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the name and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
Users of the Website cannot register personal accounts for any purpose at this time. In the event of a change to that practice or a change of technology, we will inform you in a revised version of this privacy notice. That said, as a courtesy, be informed that if you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with a Website, you have the right to request the removal of unwanted data that you publically post on the Website.
10. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
In short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this policy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
11. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at email@example.com or by mail to:
Central Roofing Company
4550 Main Street NE
Fridley, MN 55421